Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Opera!

I don't think I mentioned that I re-auditioned for the opera in April ( I may have mentioned that) and I got my contract and I am "Macbeth" in October and "Carmen" in January!  I am so excited to be back in that again.  It is so fun for me to do and I am feeling more and more like myself.  Not being in a show for a year made me wonder if I could do it, but obviously Susanne thinks so.  I am looking forward to learning the music.  It will be fun.  Dana and I went to "Don Pascuale" this past Wednesday and it was so funny.  The tenor was awesome and the soprano was perfect.  It was so fun to see my friends on stage again.  It is an Italian comedy opera and Utah Opera set it in the American West, during the cowboy days.  They all wore hats and boots with spurs.  It was only strange to have them singing in Italian for about 5 min. and then I just got into it and it was perfect.   TTFN

2 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

Just don't refer to it as anything but "The Scottish Play" while you are in the theater or you may have to do something silly to ward off the curse you bring on by saying "macbeth"

Dave Sohm said...

"I got my contract and I am "Macbeth" in October and "Carmen" in January!"
Wow, what great parts!