Friday, May 15, 2009

Tomorrow Mike is riding in the race around Bear Lake (twice). He won that race last year, but we didn't get to see it because we didn't know he was racing. Dana can't come and neither can Tori, but I am going up to Logan after work tonight and staying in a hotel and then driving over to Bear Lake for the 8:00 am start. Two weeks ago, he was racing with Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer and Floyd Landis in the Tour of the Gila in New Mexico. It was a good experience for him to see how incredibly strong that caliber of racer is. It gives him something to work towards. I hope he wins tomorrow. It's fun to be the mom of the winner or at least someone in the top 10.
I haven't done anything much yet towards selling Cloud, but I will get on it next week when I have some time to clean her up so that I can take some good pictures of her. I may even have time to do that tomorrow, after Mike's race. I hope I can find a good home for her, with someone who understands Anglo/Arabs.
I also am going to sell my scooters, which I also haven't done anything about. I need to take photos of the white one and the yellow one needs to be inspected and probably new tires before I can sell it. I just don't have the interest in riding the scooters anymore. I am really wanting to get back into gardening. And maybe camping. I will miss Cloud terribly though.
My head feels pretty normal now, no aching when I bend over to pick up my shoes. I still forget a few things and can't always find the right word. But I think that is getting better, too. My typing is getting better.
We just realized that the Senior recognition night in our ward is the same night as the Academic letters and awards night at the high school. Tori wants to do the senior night in the ward, but I think the academic award night is more important. I can't believe that the YM/YW didn't check to see if there was any big conflicts before they scheduled the senior night. What a mess.

3 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

I'll bet mike or tori or me when i get a higher payhing job wouldn't mind inheriting one of those scooters. Maybe they would buy one off of you.

Dave Sohm said...

Kristen says Michelle might consider buying the yellow one. You'd need to talk to her, of course.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Arnon's brother (Daren) could advertise Cloud at their boarding stables at the farm in Layton. Let me know if you want us to ask him. I'm sure he could post a "for sale" sign with pictures. - Holly