Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It is so freaking cold here!  It was about 15 last night and I think it is only about 22 now.  I worry about the chickens in our backyard having trouble with being too cold.  Tori and I considered moving them in to the garage last night, but then there is the mess.  Poor things.  I blanketed Cloud, my horse, yesterday.  I have a hard time sleeping at night in my warm bed if I think she is freezing.  Actually, I think she prefers not to be blanketed, because whenever I approach her with the blanket in my hands, she walks away from me.  But I sleep better knowing she is warmer.
On Monday night, at rehearsal, both the main male characters were out with food poisoning.  Last night, the guy who plays Scarpia was back, but "Mario" was still out with sickness.  I found out that they had gone out together to a restaurant.  There needs to be rules about the principals eating together at the same restaurant.  We don't have understudies, so it's kind of scary when they get sick.  Tonight is our first dress rehearsal with the orchestra.  Dave and Kristen will be there.  It is more fun for me when I know I have "people" in the audience.  Tomorrow night we have another dress rehearsal with high school kids that they bus in from out of this valley.  I don't know where the high schools are, but they are always an enthusiastic crowd.  
I wore my nun costume for the first time on Monday.  It is hot and heavy.  I kept having trouble with the wimple ( I think that is what it's called).  The weight of the black veil kept pulling the white part back on my head.  Plus, the stage hands have the backstage heaters going full blast to heat up the stage and it's really hot in that outfit.  It fits rather tight on my face, so when I open my mouth to sing, it is a little constrictive.  I figured out how to use my camera, so I will take pictures tonight and post them.  TTFN

2 comments:

DeletedBlog said...

The animals are fine, they are built for cold! besides, if one of the chickens freeze, then it's an easy dinner!

Anonymous said...

Only if I was starving, literally, would I eat one of the chickens. Sue