Friday, January 11, 2008

first things first

First, I would need to figure out how to use my digital camera.  That is one of my goals for this week.  
I was reading an article about how to be a good blogger and one of the suggestions is to figure out what kind of a blog I want this to be.  I am not sure, so for now I will talk about what I am thinking about and what's going on in my life.  I suspect that it will change as my life changes, ie., when I am prepping for the Wasatch Back, it will be about that and when I am involved in an opera, like I am now, it will be about that.  
Last night at rehearsal, they told us that we had tonight off.  Yay!!!  The chorus's role is quite small with this opera, so the pressure has been less than the last two that I have done.  "Grapes of Wrath" had a huge chorus part and we were on stage a lot.  "The Flying Dutchman", was hard because of the German, plus the Chorus role was pretty significant, but Tosca is mostly about the 3 main characters; Scarpia, Tosca and Mario.  
The article also mentioned that no one wants to know what I had for lunch, so I won't say what I had for dinner (breakfast cereal and soy milk).  
I will post photos some time this week and then when I have some from the Opera.  TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan,

I'm glad that you're involved in opera. It sounds like you get a lot of satisfaction from that. I really want to get involved in a hobby, but time is a problem during the school year. I've stopped violin lessons, not because I don't want to progress with it, but because I don't have enough free evenings for it right now. Maybe I can re-start in the summer.

Shelley