Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas, family and pain.

We had a really nice Christmas, with the Wilsons and Schapper boys and their wives, plus Mom, at our house for Brunch on Christmas day. It was so fun to see all of them and also to have my kids all together on that day. I didn't ever get the house completelyl decorated, but it looked nice, so that will have to do for this year. I wish we lived closer to the Wilsons. Dave and Shelley are fun to hang out with. They left today, taking Mom with them. She said she had a nice time and was glad she came. I am glad she came, too. Even though the weather and the cold prevented her from going out at all, it was better than her sitting home alone for the holidays.
My knee is quite sore, especially by the end of the day. But, I think I can do the Opera. If I am really careful and don't do too much walking and take my meds on time, it should work. I see the surgeon again today and am planning on letting him know how displeased I was with his PA and his attempt to inject my knee. He ended up injecting it, but then told me he had no idea where the cortisone went and doubted it would work. My question is: Why would he inject something into my joint if he didn't know where it was going and why didn't he get someone else to do it if he couldn't do it? Because he went ahead and injected it, it limits my options for treatment until I can have the surgery, after the opera. It just seems like poor practice and poor patient care on the part of the PA. But, I am still limping along, literally and figuratively. Tonight we start again with rehearsals and go almost daily until the end of the run. It's the slippery slide I have referred to in the past. Wheeeeee!!!!!!

No comments: