Thursday, January 7, 2010

I love the Opera

I think I have posted under that title before, but it's true. We start rehearsing in the theater tonight and I am so excited. I still need to really get the words to some of the songs down, but I know all of it. It's just learning the order and the context of the songs to the acting that needs some work. Mike is a "super" and it's been so fun to have him along for the ride. I think it's helped our relationship, too. It will be fun to see him in his pink tights and purple knee length pants and cape. I think he is costumed more fancy than I am. Oh well. My knee is hanging in there. It was so sore after the PA injected it, but the chart says that he only did a partial injection, so I think I was low on fluid in my knee, which is why it felt like bone on bone when I walked. I suspect I have built up synovial fluid and the motrin is helping a lot. I needed a Percocet last night, but I had been at work for 12 hours and we ran the fight scene 4 times at rehearsal, so it was sore and twingy. Today I am working only 8 hours and will be able to be off of my leg for about an hour before I have to go downtown, so it should be okay.
I am also trying to get Christmas put away and organized for next year, but that's mostly going on in my head. I make plans, but when I get home, I am too tired to attempt to implement my ideas, but it will happen. I am hiring a handyman to help finish projects around the house. His name is Mike Sohm and I expect he will be good.

No comments: