Thursday, July 16, 2009

Where has the time gone?

My last posting was a month ago! I can't believe it. Since then, we have gone to Oregon for a family reunion, which was fun. It was good to see my sisters and my mom. Mom seems better than she has been in a year or so. Yesterday I helped Dave and Kristen move into a 2 bedroom apt. I don't know who is more excited about having a bedroom for KC, them or KC. Actually, KC is excited about everything, especially the balcony that he can crawl on when he escapes from the apt. D and K kept marveling about how much stuff they had accumulated in 2 1/2 yrs. I was marveling at how hard it was to carry the stuff up the stairs to the new place.
Work is as stressful as ever. I wish I could cut back on the L and D part of my work. Maybe someday.
Today I saw my endocrinologist and he wants me to have a full body scan to look for thyroid cancer. I guess I need to do it, but I still think I am fine. If I do this and it is fine, then maybe he will get off my back about this. I am sure it is in my best interest, but the test is involved and I will have to be in isolation for 3 days after drinking this radioactive stuff. That means missing some work. Oh well.
I also am trying to reach the neurosurgeon who saw me at IMC after my fall. I think I need a follow-up scan to see if the clot is going away. Things seem a little different these days and I need to get it checked out.
I am trying to sell Cloud and my scooter, but no one is even interested. That's discouraging.
My house is a mess, my garden isn't doing very well, my car needs a tune-up and I am off to PT tomorrow after working a night shift tonight for the first time in a long time. It sucks to be me right now. But KC is as cute as a bugs ear and he makes me happy. TTFN

2 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

You can email Larry if you want, I would just settle for Baen publishing his second Monster Hunter book. You say you like things that are well written, you should check out his book, in one post I put the address of the first seven chapters of the book. You read a few Anne Rice books, Larry's book is a little more uplifting in the sense that the heroes are good guys who save the world. Check out the links on my blog to his blog and you'll see the tentative booksigning schedule.

Sue said...

Could I borrow your book? I am almost finished with Ream of Rivals and will be looking for a new book to read.