Friday, July 17, 2009

Yay for the opera

I got the email that I could go and pick up my score for the Scottish Play.    I guess there is a superstition about saying the name of MacBeth.  Anyway, I picked up my score and am excited to get started on it.  It's in Italian so that won't be too hard.  German is my least fav.  Carmen is in French, so that will be a little hard, too.  
I worked 11-7 last night and survived.  It wasn't too busy, so that helped.  Plus, it is a fun group on nights and we laughed most of the night.  It's amazing how funny stuff on YouTube is at 3 a.m.  
I am so glad that I won't have to do that again for 4 wks.  
I am still working on stripping and washing the walls in the kitchen.  Wallpaper paste is miserable stuff, just gooey.  
I also went to PT and Kurt gave me some exercises for  my neck and my shoulders.  He didn't seem to think that it is very serious and  he thinks that I will be able to improve my shoulder and neck with exercises.  He also suggested that I get a massage, so I will do that too.  And he said that riding my bike shouldn't aggravate either my neck or shoulder.  Yay.  
So, tomorrow, I plan to ride Cloud early, before it gets hot.  Then a bike ride sometime tomorrow.  THen, tend my vegie garden, strip wallpaper, clean house, do laundry...maybe I won't get all of that done, but it's good to have goals.  
Today, I was feeding a popsicle to KC and he wanted to hold it, so I showed him how.  Then he held it out for me to take a lick.  He would feed it to me for a few licks and then would feed it to himself for a few licks.  It was so cute and I didn't mind sharing a popsicle with him.  
Time to go to bed.

2 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

here is an article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scottish_play

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is so cute about KC and the popcicle. Is he walking yet?
--Shelley