Thursday, July 30, 2009

More news

I sold my scooter!! Yay!!. No more payments on that. I sold it Monday to a really nice young couple. The lady said that they had been looking for awhile for a scooter and had gotten really discouraged because what people call perfect condition, wasn't. Mine was in great shape and had only been laid down once. They paid $2900 cash and I threw in my old helmet.
I got some nice photos of Cloud and posted them on my ksl ad this morning and got an email about her just awhile ago. So, maybe, with some luck, she will go to a new home where they will ride her. It will hurt to see her go, but it will be better for her and me for this to happen. I do think about getting another horse in awhile , like a quarter horse, gelding, calm old boy horse. No drama.
I am currently radio-active, until sometime tomorrow. I go for the scan tomorrow morning. I went off the low iodine diet this morning. YAY!!! I lost about 5 lbs on that stupid diet, because there is almost nothing to eat that doesn't have iodized salt, or natural iodine in it. All dairy, soy milk, eggs, tomato sauce, bananas, processed meats, crackers, cookies, almost everything premade, beans, broccoli, spinach, strawberries, chocolate, blueberries...the list goes on and on. So, that leaves water, cantaloupe, apples, grapes, lettuce, fresh meat ( I am not a big meat eater), plain pasta (no salt to add flavor), garlic, cinnamon, fruit juices and a few more things. Oh, unsalted roasted nuts, so I ate almonds until I can't look another one in the face. I have been on the diet since last Saturday, so this morning I was having fantasies about french toast, eggs, cereal with soy milk on it, toast with butter, but when I weighed myself and saw the weight loss, I calmed down a little. Then when I went to the kitchen, there was about 3 tablespoons of soymilk in the fridge, so I had cheerios with a tiny bit of milk on them, a banana, orange juice and two slices of toast with butter. I still have to avoid getting close to people, so I am hoping Dana will go to Applebee's and get me take-out. I have been having fantasies about that. I don't usually eat at Applebee's so it is weird. I set up Mike's bedroom in the basement for me and I like it except there is no phone and no TV. I have been watching dvd's on his computer, which is good. Ketza sits outside on the windowsill and begs for me to let him in. I can't have any of the animals on me, but I can't explain that to him. Poor kittyboy. I got a lot of knitting done yesterday and some good naps, but now I am bored. I wouldn't make a good invalid. Because I am excreting the radioactivity in my bodily fluids, I have to use disposable plates and bowls, and plasticware, wash my laundry separate, flush twice and rinse out the tub after showering or bathing. I'll be glad when it's over. The worst thing is that I can't see KC, but I will be able to see him after Friday. It would be awful if this lasted longer than that. Well, I need to find some lunch. Oh, peanut butter was on the bad food list, too. Thankfully, jam wasn't. No chocolate and no ice cream. Life was hardly worth living. TTFN

No comments: