Monday, July 21, 2008

In the Heat of the NIght

It is so freaking hot these days and nights.  A fan helps, but so would a drop in temperature of about 10 degrees.  I was talking to a friend today who just got back from vacation.  She and her hubby went to Calif and she said it was cold.  I was actually jealous.  She needed a jacket in Monterey.  It sounds delightful.  
We have been overdosing our chix.  They were supposed to get a pill once a day, but I am certain the girl at the Vet's office said twice a day.  Blackberry's comb is wilted over to the side, which is not normal for her.  At first I suspected the heat was just making it wilt, like a plant.  Then I read the bottle of pills and it said one pill per chicken per day.  So, they got double dosed on Saturday and Sunday. I suppose we are lucky they haven't died or something, but we will follow the dosing instructions from here on out.  I don't know if too much Baytril will make a chicken's comb wilt, but it might.  Oh well, at least the e. coli is going away, I hope.  

3 comments:

briggsy said...

Sorry to hear about your sick chicken! Poor things! It is way HOT! Us, Utahns, are never happy are we? It is either too cold, or too hot!

Anonymous said...

you should get a window unit air conditioner for your room, it will make life easier. it was so nice last night though, i love the summer monsoon season.

-Dave Sohm

Dave Sohm said...

i made a blog check it out sohmdaddy.blogspot.com