Monday, February 4, 2008

Running

Today, I went to the gym to run on the treadmill.  I have never "run" on a treadmill before, but I have logged a lot of miles walking on one.  It is different as opposed to running outside on the sidewalk.  
Okay, I need to have a little rant here.  Why is it that people don't walk, push strollers, walk dogs or jog on the sidewalk?  I get it in the winter when the sidewalks are icy, but what's up with women walking early in the morning, 4-5 abreast, in the street?  I have to swerve around them when I am making my mad dash to work at 6:55 a.m.. And people, if you love your baby, use the sidewalk when you are strolling the baby.  
Okay, now I feel a little better.  So, the training begins.  Last year, on the crosstrain/rest days on the training schedule, I would rest.  This year, I am going to go to the gym and lift weights at least some of the days.  I think I will do better with the back pain problem that I had last year if I have more core strength.  
I need people to make comments if you are reading my posts, even if you just say Hi.  I am feeling a little lonely here.  ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i read occasionally