Monday, September 28, 2009

Facebook vs. Blog

I just realized that I have spent hours on facebook and have almost ignored my blog site. My bad. I am battling to finish memorizing the opera. Tonight is our first night with Maestro, so it will be fun, I hope. I called in sick to work today, mostly because I have a bad cold and am still feeling tired and sneezy. I have wasted over an hour on facebook, playing Farmville. Now I need to get going with my day. I have peaches to can, tomatoes to can, windows to wash, yard work to do and memorization to finish. I had two cd's of the opera, but I can't find either of them right now, so I may need to burn another one. I think I am at the point that singing with a cd with cement the words in my brain. I also need to balance my check book, too, but I want to get away from the computer. I have to tell about a great dinner I made last night. I made Chicken Helper, Alfredo Fettucini. But I added some tomatoes that I had slow cooked in the oven for about 6 hours. These tomatoes are my new secret ingredient in food. Real quick, you put a baking paper on a cookie sheet, cut large tomatoes into 4-6 wedges apiece, or use small tomatoes whole, coring them first, of course. I heat up 1/4 C olive oil and add about 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, rosemary and then a bunch of basil leaves from my garden and let this heat up so that the flavors mix in the oil. I drizzle this over the tomatoes and put in oven at about 225 for at least 2 hours. Then, I eat them off the tray, or add them to pizza, or Chicken Alfredo. So good and so easy. I would encourage anyone and everyone to try the tomato thing. It's from one of Julia Child's cookbooks and so good. Bon Appetit!

No comments: