Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I LOVE opera!!

I just got home from the third night in a row of rehearsal for Macbeth. I also found out that the women's chorus are the witches in the first scene, so I get to be a witch! Someone was describing the video of the Met's production of Macbeth from a few years ago, and it sounded really gory. I hope we do something like that here. Remember, we perform October 17-25, so it's right before Halloween. Scary witches and goriness is appropriate, don't you think? We don't rehearse again for a week, so I can have some of the pieces memorized by then, but I have to get working on that. I come home from working all day, then going to rehearsal and I am hardly tired. I love opera!!!

1 comment:

Dave Sohm said...

wow the witches are one of the most famous parts of Macbeth. yahoo.!