Thursday, August 13, 2009

update

Wow, it has been an unusual two weeks. For one week, I was being tested with radioactive iodine for thyroid tissue remaining in my body, then the next week I was being treated for thyroid cancer. That's almost continually being in isolation, 10 days on a no iodine diet and multiple full body scans. The whole process was not great. I survived though. Now they will follow my progress with biannual blood tests. I am not that worried about it, mostly I see it as a bump in the road. Maybe I am really in denial. I don't know.
This past Tuesday, Cloud went to Vista Farms, where she will hopefully be sold by Wendy the trainer to someone who wants a really good horse. Wendy and I both have the same goal to get her to a family who will love and keep her for the rest of her life. She is being ridden daily and gets to run around in a big field with the other horses. I am sure this is what she needed all along and if I had been able to do that, we wouldn't have had the problems we did with her. I will miss her when she is sold, but I am so happy that she is where she is now and I really hope someone will want to buy her. Wendy tells me that she is being perfect and sweet to the riders and the other horses. I am proud of what a good horse she is.
I am working on painting my kitchen, with help from Dave. He has been indispensable and I wouldn't be where I am in the process without his help. I will post pictures when it is finished.

No comments: