Monday, February 16, 2009

Yesterday, when I went to feed the horses, I jumped out of my car and walked briskly to the barn to feed them. That doesn't seem like a big deal, except I haven't been able to walk briskly anywhere for so long. It felt nice and I felt young again. One of the things I have learned from this past year is that limited mobility and chronic pain makes you feel and act OLD! It also can erode your self-confidence, too. I have more empathy for older folks now. But I never was ready to "settle" for the old lady, sedentary lifestyle, although I have discovered the joys of afternoon napping on the couch. But yesterday, I didn't feel the need for a nap, so I think the napping is really due to fatigue, not just habit.
I am getting excited about our family reunion this summer. I was responsible to get a date, which I finally did. That was a challenge. I think it will be fun to see everyone. TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue-
I'm glad that you're doing better. I'm wondering if I should have more work done on my veins. It would be nice to get rid of the masses of spider veins. Thanks for working on coordinating a date for the reunion. I'm looking forward to it too. Will all your family be able to attend?
--Shelley

Sue said...

yes, they tell me they will all be there.