Saturday, February 21, 2009

If it's not one thing, it's another!

Now, I have ear infections in both ears and my right ear drum burst Wednesday night!  I can't believe my bad luck.  
About 2 weeks ago, I had the worst cold I can remember having, but after missing 2 days at work, I got over it.  Then, this past Tuesday, I remarked to Dana that I still feel sick ,but the cold is over.  Later that day, my ears popped when I swallowed and they hurt a little.  I thought that was all there was to that.  But Wednesday afternoon, the pressure started building in both ears, but mostly in my right ear.  By evening, it was hurting, so I took some Motrin to calm down the inflammation.  I had already take sudafed in order to shrink the swollen membranes in my eustachian tubes, hopefully to get them draining and to relieve the pressure.  That didn't work.  Then, about 9:30 p.m., I was driving home from feeding the horses and I started hearing noises in my rt. ear.  Then there was a pop and some warm fluid started draining out of my ear.  It felt better, but I knew it wasn't a good thing.  I made an appt. to see an ENT on Thursday and by then my left ear was really building up the pressure. I couldn't hear very well out of either ear.  He gave me some drops and an antibiotic, which I took immediately.  It probably looked weird, me laying in the front seat of my car with my rt. ear upward, for about 10 min. letting the drops soak in.  Then I had to drive out to the DMV to renew my temporary license with my motorcycle attachment.  When I had to answer the question about having hearing loss, I said I don't have any, hoping that will be true in a few days.  Then I went to Tori's competition for State Solo and Ensemble.  I missed her solo, but heard the trio and duet.  But when she and her friends would talk out in the hallway, I couldn't tell what they were saying.  I had to have Tori repeat stuff a few times.  That night, my left ear was quite sore when I went to bed and I figured it would rupture before morning, but it didn't.  Today, Saturday, my left ear is still feeling a little pressurey, and my right ear is still draining and feels fuzzy.  I can hear better out of my left ear, because it didn't ever rupture, but I can tell it's not 100%.  My rt. ear is quite muffled.  I don't know if that is because of the continued rupture of the ear drum, or if it is filling up with fluid in my middle ear.  But, all in all, it sucks.  I missed work yesterday because I didn't know if my left ear would rupture, but I am supposed to work tomorrow.  I really want this to be over by then, but I am afraid it won't be.  I think I can go to work half deaf, as long as it isn't hurting.  TTFN  P.S.  What????  Speak up and stop mumbling!

No comments: