Friday, January 9, 2009

National Champs

I think the Utah Utes Football team should have been named #1 in the nation, but I guess we have to bow to the almighty BCS system and we are #2, behind Urban Meyer's Gators. I read an article in Wed. Salt Lake Tribune about the possiblity of Brian Johnson becoming the new offensive coach at the U. It is an interesting idea and he would be good. He always did better when he did his own thinking and didn't listen to Ludwig, or whatever his name was. Johnson is a leader and is cool under pressure. I also think the Ute Athletic Dept. should pay for the marching band to go to the Inauguration. There would be no question if the Football team had been invited to go shake the President's hand. The Athletic Dept. would have paid, no doubt. But at this point, it's up in the air. Dave is saying that they "probably" will go. I hope so. What an amazing opportunity to be at such a momentous event. I keep thinking back to how cool it was to go to the Olympics in 2002. Dave, Mike and I sort of kept pinching ourselves at how cool it was to be at the first event, even though it got snowed out. If Dave does get to go, I hope he takes LOTS of pictures and blogs about his experience. TTFN

No comments: