Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Scooter Saga

When I finally pass the scooter driving test, I am going to go out and party.  As I mentioned before, the first time I tried the test, I "dropped" the scooter.  That means I fell over.  Then Mike helped me with some of my problems with the scooter and I practiced and was able to pass the course.  This was done on a Sunday evening with no witnesses, but I passed.  So, today, with a tester watching, I didn't do quite so well.  He told me that I was psyching myself out and helped me with that, but to pass the test, you have to score 90% or above.  I got 89%.  So, I am now scheduled for October 16th, but I don't want to wait that long. They told me to call in the morning of the day I want to try again to see if there were any cancellations and they could work me in.  I want to get this done before my thyroid surgery, which is October 7th.  Plus I want to get it done before the weather gets bad.  I asked the lady at the desk at the DMV how many times I can fail the test before they tell me that I have to sell my scooter.  She didn't really have an answer for me.  But she said that some people have to take it 4 times.  I hope I am not one of those people.  I watched another guy take the driving test after me and he failed too.  He was freaking out over the rapid stop part of the test.  I don't have any trouble mentally with that part.  I am thinking it is as much mental as it is skill.  I guess we all have our little crosses to bear.  

1 comment:

Dave Sohm said...

you should go practice a lot between now and then you won't have to worry about it. go riding around in parking lots and practice the moves you have trouble with, then you will ace it. Woo Woo U-S-A! U-S-A!