Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here I sit, waiting for my last testing patient. So far, she is 10 minutes late. But I am testing her for being post dates, so maybe she has delivered. That would be okay with me. I think God is trying to tell me that I need to lose weight. I already know that, but I think He is trying to show me. Since I have started doing more testing, I have noticed how many overweight pregnant women there are. I mean REALLY overweight. Like 100 lbs or more. I am really starting to get grossed out having to do what I have to do with the ultrasound machine to get the test. I am tired of having to be up to my elbows, literally, covered in aquasonic gel, trying to get a picture of the baby's head or heart beating. I won't describe any more, but it is getting gross. I try hard to not show it on my face and I really hope I am successful in that, but in my head, sometimes I just want to scream, "Stop eating!!!!!! Get more exercise!!!!! You are putting your life in danger and your baby's life too.!!!!!" Last week I was trying to adjust the monitor on a really large woman and she was crying because she was hurting and wanted the baby out. Her father said, "Why don't I go to the cafeteria and get you some food?" I suspect that has been the way she has always been comforted, either by her parents or by herself. Of course, she is an insulin diabetic. Most of these women keep themselves really clean, but some don't and when you lift the covers to adjust the monitors...... Whew!! It can make me nauseated. I wonder how they got pregnant in the first place.
Well, enough. I found out that my last patient already delivered, so I am off.

No comments: