Monday, March 31, 2008

I am getting discouraged. Last December, my right knee was hurting and popping, so I went to a sports orthopedic dr and he put me on Motrin and it got mostly better. But lately, it has been hurting and popping more and more. Now it feels swollen and really hurts sometimes. And I can't run on it. All the prep for the RACE is draining away as time passes and I can't run. I started on Motrin again, but it isn't helping much. I finally got an appt. to have it injected on April 16th. I am so bummed. I also found out that 4 members of the race team have dropped out, so essentially, we don't have a team anymore. I REALLY want to run the WB. I am going to Oregon later this week, so maybe it will be better there. I don't know why I think this, but maybe something magic will happen and I will be able to run there. Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I don't know if Oregon did anything magical for your knee, but it was good to see you and Mike and to have some time to visit. Wish it could have been longer. I hope the injection on the 16th goes well and gets you back to running. Glad to hear you got home OK. --Shelley

Matt and Ashley said...

Hey Sue. Sorry to hear about the knee problem and all that. Hope it gets feeling better. I know you all want to run in the WB again, so the knee is a bummer. Did you know that the race is also the same weekend as Dane's wedding. June 21 is the wedding and the race is the 20th to the 21st. Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news if you didn't already know that. I would have run in the race again this year if it weren't for the wedding. I was even going to talk Dane into it too.