Monday, February 1, 2010

Post knee surgery tan

So, I had the knee surgery last Friday, 3 days ago. I took a bath for the first time,although I have been keeping clean, so no groans from the peanut gallery, and I tried to scrub the betadine prep off of my leg. Dr. Cooley seems to have a testimony of betadine. I can't get it all off, so one leg is a blotchy orange and the other is quite white. So, in order to even them up a little, I put self tanner on my right leg. Now it has that stinky smell to it. It felt good to soak awhile, but I was careful to not submerge my left knee. Not too difficult in our short tub. I hope my knee heals fast and I can get into PT pretty quick. Because I have been sore since lat October/early November, I am really ready to be healed. I had originally set a goal not to have surgery in 2010, but now my goal is to only have this surgery in 2010 and no head injuries or other hospitalizations. Of course, the thyroid check looms on the horizon, sometime this summer, but hopefully it will come back negative. I hope so.

No comments: