Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And so it goes...

I am back to work now. It's good to get out of the house, but I hate having to get up so early. Taking 3 wks. off to recuperate after my knee surgery was good, but I had a minor life crisis during that time and had a lot of time to think and ponder on the meaning of the universe (lol). Although I seem to have found some peace, it's good to be more busy. Now I am left to wonder about my sanity. Oh well.

My mom was in the hospital for a couple of days. I don't think she will be with us much longer. I had this feeling really hit me a few months ago and I sort of had a panic attack, but now it seems okay. I am so glad she was able to come and stay with us at Christmas. KC started to warm up to her by the time she left. It think it's going to be hard to lose my Mom, but she has wanted to go for several years and now I understand that more. I will miss being able to pick up the phone and talk to her.

I am listening to "Carmen" right now and it just makes me smile, to remember how much FUN that opera was to do. What an amazing experience it is to be in the opera. Plus, having Mike in this one made it all the more amazing. I still pinch myself sometimes, to be sure I am really having this as part of my life. I think I appreciate it more as an older person than if I had done it when I was younger. I envy the young people in the cast, but I don't know if they appreciate their youth, and all that goes along with that. Fabulous voices, beauty, ease in movement, beautiful bodies. Oh to be young again. Maybe in the next life.

It's now almost midnight, so I am heading off to bed and maybe pleasant dreams.

1 comment:

dashwilson said...

Do you want to talk about your minor life crisis? Or anything else? I love you. I know we don't say that alot, but I do. I hope everything's OK. We are at kind of a strange time in life I've decided. Kids grown and mostly gone. Thinking and hoping for retirement. And then what?