Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Rant

I am going to rant, because this is my page and no one else's and because I can vent here, because hardly anyone reads my blogs. I am SO SICK AND TIRED of people saying rude things about other people, politicians, schools and things they don't know anything about!!!!! Tori says I need to let it go and I am sure that's true. It's harder for me to do that since I hit my head. I don't know if it's my age or the head injury, but I am so tired of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Chris Hannity and the other media showmen who are quoted by people I know on facebook. I have a friend, whom I will call Bill (because that's his name), who loves to make stupid remarks about things he knows little about, just to get it out there for people to comment on. Most of his friends say stuff like, You said it, Bill, or You're right about that, Bill. I often don't agree with him and so I say so. OMG! * He is nasty when contradicted. And when confronted with facts, he just changes the topic. It's like trying to have a discussion with Jehovah's Witnesses. Or trying to herd cats. Mostly, I am starting to think that his ego likes being stroked by people who agree with him and he can't take it when someone else has something half way intelligent to say to the contrary. I accused him of like to hear himself talk. Now I just don't read anything that he says. I probably will "unfriend" him. It's too bad, because I enjoy a good political conversation, and I don't need everyone to agree with me.
Now my nephew, Jordan, is saying stupid things like "the U is gay." GAY??? How ignorant sounding is that? He says he isn't calling anyone names, just the school. I question the education that people are getting down at BYU. There's nothing wrong with saying that he hopes they beat us in football this year, or that our team isn't very good, but GAY???? What does that even mean? Since I have some gay friends, it is offensive and ignorant for him to say stupid things like that. It only reflects poorly on him. The other day, Tori said something about something being gay. I said that is a very "Utah" thing to say and she might offend some of her gay friends by saying that. She said she didn't mean anything by it, but I hope she won't say it again.
So, I think I have most of it out of my system, at least for today. If anyone reads this and has a comment, feel free. I won't bite your head off and if you want to discuss politics or if you don't like my team, that's ok. Just don't say stupid, rude, narrow-minded things, or I will delete your comments.

*OMG- Mormon OMG means Oh My Gosh!

2 comments:

Dave Sohm said...

When people say something is gay, I think we should give them a thesaurus, (it's a kind of book. Remember Books everyone?) and see if they can find another word for bad or stupid, or whatever they are trying to say.

Maybe a blog post is in order.

Kris and KC said...

"You said it, Sue" or "you're right about that sue"