Saturday, October 3, 2009

More opera thoughts

Wednesday night was our first staging rehearsal. I enjoy working with Stephanie Sundine. She is firm but also really nice. And she isn't intimidated by Maestro. Anyway, she wants us to be "weird" as witches. We have to bend at the knees and walk sort of bent over, waving our hands wildly. And sing. I have some sore muscles, but have been doing pliƩs everynight to strengthen my legs. And we saw the set and got to walk on it, and the stairs are higher than normal steps, so it is going to be a challenge to run up and down the stairs and sing, too. It will be fun to do and weird to watch, but a lot of work, too. Then, Thursday night was the banquet scene staging. Much more sedate. They have some sort of cool prop throne for Macbeth, in which the ghost of Banco can appear and disappear as needed. I can't wait to see it. Now if only I could remember the words to sing while acting. More practice.
Tomorrow is the mega rehearsal. 2-5 and 7-10, That;s right, 2 rehearsals in one day. We did that with "Grapes of Wrath" on a Sunday, too. By the end of the day, we are all exhausted. I will need to take some Motrin before we start so that I don't get too stiff. Then, in a week, we are in the house, on stage. It's coming fast.

1 comment:

alpinekleins said...

Don't know how you do it - it sounds soooo awesome!

Kristin