Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hola

I am sitting in the lobby of the Flamingo Vallarta, where it is warm and muggy.  We have been here in Puerto Vallarta since Friday and will be going home next Friday.  If I had a camera battery, I would be taking tons of photos and we are still hoping to find a camera store today that will have batteries for my camera.  It is a long story as to why my camera doesn't have a battery and I am pretty mad at Pictureline for not giving me my battery after they sent out my camera for repairs, but the bottom line is that I am in Mexico with a camera but no battery. Enough of that.  The prices here are pretty amazing.  Last night, we went to a restaurant where they specialized in shrimp.  Dana had a mixed platter, which was huge and came with soup and fried banana for dessert and I had a huge platter of coconut breaded shrimp with soup and fried banana.  It also came with Kahlua and Tequila shots, but we didn't partake of those.  Anyway, together the bill came to $199 pesos, which sounds like a lot, but at $14.2o pesos to the dollar, it was quite reasonable.  $13.94 USD or something like that.  And it was more shrimp than I could eat.  The bus is the best transportation around here and it is 5.50 pesos per person each way.  So for 11 pesos, Dana and I can ride as far as we want to, less than a dollar.  We are going to go downtown later today, after it cools off a little, and check out the Marcado and the Cathedral.  And look for a cameral shop.  I really hope people are checking out my blog because I would feel pretty lonely if no one was looking.  No one posts comments, so I don't know if I am talking to cyberspace or if anyone is listening.  Sue

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you in Puerto Vallarta? It sounds fun, but why? Holly

Anonymous said...

Dana has a photo seminar that he is attending and we decided to have me come along.

Anonymous said...

Sound like you're having a good time. We're having rain . . .

Shelley

Matt and Ashley said...

Ashley would be very jealous. It has been really cold here the last few days. Like down to 1 degree with the wind chill. She was just saying she wanted to go somewhere warm like Mexico.