Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a nice Christmas. We usually open presents on Christmas morning, but this year, I was scheduled to work 0630-1130 and Dave and Kristen were going to Manti for Christmas, so we did the present thing on Christmas Eve. When I planned for that, I had forgotten that I was working 1300-1900 on Christmas Eve, so Tori and Dana were stuck making dinner. They did a nice job and it all tasted good. After dinner, we opened presents and it was so fun to see how excited KC was. For a four month old, he really got into grabbing the paper and ribbons. And he was so curious about the presents. He saw things he wanted and would wave his arms and legs until we gave them to him. We got him a johnny jump up thing, they aren't called that anymore, and he would put one foot on the floor and would turn around. He liked having the power to move independently of anyone helping him. I think that play thing will be his favorite. Plus, he burped while he was in it, so maybe it can become an automatic burper, too.
Everyone seemed pleased with their gifts. I have been so excited about what I was getting everyone this year. Tori likes the coat and sweater I got for her, Dave and Kristen both seemed excited about the dishwasher, Dana liked the slippers and automatic adjusting wrench, and Mike liked the money. Mike put a Krups Espresso maker on his list, so I ran out and got that for him. Then, because he didn't think we would get that for him, he used the Christmas money he got from his work and got himself an espresso maker. When we found that out, I discussed it with him and since he didn't have any other "big" gift ideas on his list, I just gave him cash. He seems pretty happy about that. He is almost finished with his Associate Degree in General Ed and I think he will finish it this winter semester. Then, we will see what he wants to do. He has been talking to the school counselor about possible careers and he asked me about Nurse Practitioners. That would be ironic, if he became a nurse and Tori went to Med school and became a doctor.
We went to see "Valkyrie" last night. It was good and told a story that I hadn't heard of before. That Tom Cruise is easy on the eyes and he can act, too. Next I want to see "Australia" I am having a senior moment and can't remember the name of the actor in that one, but he's easy on the eyes, too.
I worked every day last week, at least 4 hrs. and am really ready for a vacation to Oregon. I am at work today and work again tomorrow and then off to Oregon for a few days. Yay!!! The Utes play in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 2nd. I hope they beat Alabama and start getting the national respect they deserve. We'll see. GO UTES!!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

My senior moment has passed. Hugh Jackman!!!

Dave Sohm said...

Wolverine!!!!!!!!!!!!!