Sunday, August 17, 2008

Practicing with photos


These  are 2 pictures of the house in Heber  that my Aunt Alta and Uncle Joe lived more than 50 yrs. ago.  It's impressive that it is still standing and it looks like the "new" owners have updated the siding and roof, but basically, it looks the same.  It's weird, because I dream about being in this house a lot, but back when I was a little girl or when I was in college.  I would get a ride down to Heber at Thanksgiving time from Rexburg and stay with "Grandma and Grandpa". I remember sleeping in Alta's bed and she had flannel sheets on the bed.  Being from the coast, I had never even heard of flannel sheets and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  It's funny what you remember.  I sometimes think about asking if I could look in the house, but I don't want my memories to be altered by how it is now.  So, I just look at it from the outside sometimes when I am in Heber.  
I am practicing  putting photos on my blog site, so that tomorrow, I can put the photos of  KC on the site.  He is so cute.  I just want to hold him and play with him, but I am going to control myself for a few days and let Kristen and Dave have a chance to settle into a routine.  It makes me baby hungry like I haven't been for years.  No one told me that part of being a grandma.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:Iloved your Blog and picture of the house in Heber. A lot of good memories there. Did you know thah it started out as a Hamburger stand? Then someone added some siding and the rest is History. I wonder if Pat Bown has any memories of it. I am sure that Rodney Whitlock spent a lot of time there. Thanks again, MOM

Leah said...

Congratulations on becoming a grandma. Nice snowy pictures too. I just wondered if you managed to see Precious Bane on TCM. I know you said it was on again this wednesday too. Did you enjoy it?

Anonymous said...

There are only a few of us who can truly love and appreciate the memories of that humble little house. It was a place for very special memories. Paper dolls, playing Checkers and Sorry, walking in the irrigation ditches from there to town and back, looking at their glass horse collection, and it seemed like every time we were there The Incredible Mr. Limpet was on TV at least once! Goofy movie. I think you're right about not wanting to look inside now--it would ruin it. Love, Shelley