Friday, April 10, 2009

blogspot vs. facebook

I am getting more and more invitations to be friends on facebook. I DO have a facebook account, but I hardly ever check it. I think this blog site is my favorite, mostly because I have figured out how to use it.
I was thinking awhile ago that this time next week, my trip to Chicago will be almost 1/2 over. I am so excited to go with the Brighton Band to Chicago. I have never been there before, so I am hoping the weather will be okay and we will have fun. I am the mother hen over 4 girls and 4 boys. I am trying to figure out how to be a "fun" mother hen. I think I will bring some sort of treats or something like that. I haven't done anything like this since I was one of the parents on Mike's school field trip to Marine World-Africa USA in California, before we moved to Utah. Or was it Dave's field trip? I can't remember for certain whose it was. It was fun, but boy, was I tired when we got back to the school.
My back has really been bugging me lately, so I finally went in to see Dr. Anderson, my chiropractor. He said I was "really out of whack!" So, now, 2 sessions later, it is still sore, but feels improved. I rode my bike last night for about 10 min, when my heart started skipping. It usually doesn't take too many rides on the bike to stop the skipping, so I will try it again tonight.
Easter is in 2 days. I can't believe how quickly the holidays creep up on me. I used to decorate and make such a big deal of each holiday, when the kids were little, but now not so much. Easter is fun because it doesn't require a big deal if I don't have the time. It was sure a fun holiday when the kids were little, though. Dana would hide eggs around the backyard or the house if the weather was bad. The kids would get really excited to go egg-hunting.
I am almost finished with Tori's knitted camisole. So, I am going to work on that for awhile. TTFN

1 comment:

Dave Sohm said...

I like the blog better too. But I can use facebook to keep up on old acquaintances, so I think its good for that. Its also good for making an anouncement of the video premiere party and stuff like that.